Thursday 25 January 2018

Telling a Faith Story II

Telling Our [Personal] Stories

We read often in the Psalms about declaring the works of God to the people, in the congregation, even to the nations. My wife likes to chide me for not doing this myself when I comment on these passages and what they suggest we do. Indeed, I have blogged about telling our stories too. Now, we might think these passages refer to great events of national and international import. I submit it pertains for most of us to what happens in our everyday life. Take yesterday, for me, for example.

After being in hospital twice in the past year with bowel obstruction I was concerned when I woke up with a crampy abdomen. I went to a morning meeting I had committed to, had lunch and went to make good on a scheduled blood donation early in the afternoon. The cramps weren’t going away.

Surprising how we so often forget to bring thee seemingly everyday issues to our Lord in prayer. Sometimes it might just be because we are too busy ‘doing.’ Well, I remembered to do pray, but I also did two things to help myself – put a heating pad on my tummy and took time out – which I don’t do often - to lie down for a nap. An hour later I woke up and all appeared to be back to normal. Answer to prayer? Act of God? I believe so. So, with a better frame of mind and body, I kept an afternoon meeting still on my schedule. As I say on my e-mail ‘signature’: “Retired but busy.’


Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment