Tuesday 22 December 2020

Publishing a Novel

 I have been writing since I was a child. Besides letters and cards to family and friends, and what was required at school, I probably did not start other writing until I was in my teems. That first writing consisted of notebooks full of observations about nature, mainly birds. I did dream of being an ornithologist at the time.

Twenty years later I was writing poetry. Then folks songs. A couple of articles for our national church-affiliated newspaper. Some 25 years ago I began to think of writing a novel. My first idea has still not come to fruition, nor my second. Perhaps three years ago, I began to think of a biblical historical fiction story - of Mary of Nazareth and her relationship with her firstborn son, Jesus, no less.

I tested it our by putting instalments on this blog, which some of you will have read. That began in March 2018. Today, I received my first copy of this novel in published form.  This is some 50% larger than what was on here, so those who have read it here will not have read it all. 

It is on sale at FriesenPress bookstore, the publisher. I think they have a pretty good deal for you. Amazon and Kindle also have it on their website. I also have a goodly number of copies which I can get to you for a pretty good price.

Here is a photo from the 'unboxing video' that happened today, as filmed by my daughter. The movie is on my FB account but it's too big to upload here.








No comments:

Post a Comment